Saturday 30 April 2011

Royal Berkshire Marathon

Congratulations to Ian Berry for organising such a great event in Berkshire (especially for someone like me who wanted to avoid the royal wedding like the plague!).

The event was based at Crookham Common Athletics Track with 105 laps of the newly built track. This was the first time I have been on a sports track since school - great experience and a great event.

The event was won by the American Michael Arnstein (2:32:49) and Natasha Doyle (3:28:19). Well done!

I incorporated this marathon as part of my training week so didn't push myself too hard, and rolled in at 3rd place with a time of 2.49. I felt fresh enough to carry on with my training for the rest of the weekend so it proved to be worth doing - adding to the weekly mileage and general experience.

And finally, thanks to my little boy Neel for supplying me with water and food and Anjali for being a great lap counter and added support xx


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Location:Royal Berkshire Marathon, Ian Berry

No comments:

Post a Comment