Thursday 31 March 2011

Anglo Celtic Plate 2011 Race Report


Ireland's Keith Whyte, John Byrne, John O'Regan, Thomas Maguire and Daniel Doherty

Sunday 27th March saw in the Anglo Celtic Plate. The event this year was being hosted in Perth at the North Inch Park. The course was 42 laps of a 2.38K loop around the park. The event offers the chance for Ireland, Scotland, England and Wales to compete against each other in teams of 5. The ACP was my international debut for Ireland as well as my 100k road debut.

I won't bore you with a long race report. You can find out how the event rolled out here

Many thanks to Tony Brennan and Tom Hunt for their expert photography. You can view all of Tony's pics of the event here. Here are a couple of my favourite pics of the day:
Beautiful picture taken by Tom at around 7.45 North Inch Park


Thomas, John, John and me. I had left Keith in the hotel lobby and we were about 20 to go before the race start!




Last minute prep. Must not forget to vas up!



On the move. 100k to go...


I am still smiling at this stage!

Some encouragement at the half way point on the loop.
The support for the Irish team was amazing

 
Thomas knocking out the miles
John looking strong and relaxed


Just coming up to the 4 hour mark. I had dropped 2 places into 4th

Keith and John looking relaxed

Enjoying the park and nice weather!


  
John getting me off at around 6hr 30 min mark
after suffering from some cramp issues




 



Coming into the finish



With John enjoying the much needed rest.
John looks like he has just completed a 5k!


Keith finishing


John collecting trophy for a brilliant 3rd place overall!





No comments:

Post a Comment