Thursday 16 September 2010

Welcome to Running Mad - Obsessions of a Runner


Welcome to RunningMad

Hi, welcome to my new Blogger site on running. To say that I am obsessed about the thing is a little bit of an understatement.

It seems a perfect time to follow the rest of the running community and bang out some blogs on everything about running. I will be putting together a decent running blog about my training, racing, kit reviews and general discussions and sharing experiences about trail running, marathons and ultras. Please feel free to add to this site – any advice will be welcome!

I run for Basingstoke and Mid Hants Athletics Club focusing on cross country, general trail running, marathons and ultras. I run between 80 to 120 miles per week using this year to build on my base mileage and general strength and experience in racing the various distances.

I have only been running for 2 years however I have picked up the pace quite quickly. I have the following targets over the next 12 to 18 months:

Distance / Target / Acheived (Race or Training)
10km / 30/31 mins / 34mins
10 Miles / Sub 53 / 56mins
Half Marathon / Sub 1hr 10 mins / 1hr 14mins
Marathon Sub / 2.30 mins / 2hr 38 mins
Ultra Marathon / Various / Various

I hope to be able to share my experiences and lessons learnt (and believe me there are many) as I focus on trying to achieve these targets in 2011.

Please keep an eye on my blogs as I record weekly training, race results and generally bang on about my concerning obsession with anything and everything to do with running.

Keep an eye out for my race report on the Jungfrau Marathon….

Dan


No comments:

Post a Comment